Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nashville folks...
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:10 pm 

Looks like I'm going to be in town in a couple weeks to see Maiden... what should the Mrs. and I check out for good places to eat, local breweries, etc?

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX

Post subject: Re: Nashville folks...
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 am 

What??? I had no idea they were going to be there. I saw them there in the late 80s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:43 am 

Oh, and downtown on broad street there is a great barbecue place on the opposite side as the Arena, I don't remember the name, but look for the line of folks standing outside, if the line is too long, there is another directly across the street.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:01 pm 

What kind of food do you like? Upscale or downscale? Upscale I can't help you :)

There are a lot of breweries that have sprung up but they don't necessarily have big food menu's other than Rock Bottom on the corner of Broadway and 2nd avenue assuming you mean places that brew their own.

I suppose the best answer Frag is if you want the Nashville experience you will want to park near 2nd avenue, $30 or so per day any more, and use Broadway as your anchor point and walk around 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th avenue. I'm not a country music guy so I can't help there really. But if you just want to hang out and eat and drink that is where the out of town folks go.

Depending on where you are staying you may be able to avoid parking and just walk from the hotel. Generally speaking it is very safe from 4th inward toward the Cumberland River off 1st. You can pretty much walk up and down Broadway without any hassle but once you get past 5th or 6th the eating and drinking places diminish.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:23 pm 

There is a parking structure right off of 2nd across from BB Kings. It's been affordable every time i go and very convenient. I'm going up there the weekend on June 24 for my birthday.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:40 pm 

Thanks guys!

TNblueshawk wrote:
What kind of food do you like? Upscale or downscale? Upscale I can't help you :)

As a chef, Meghan is the fussy one of us but even her tastes are more along the lines of "peasant food, well executed." She's planning on sampling some hot chicken (think she has guidance on that one) but other than that the objective is to have something half decent and not feel ripped off when we get the check.

TNblueshawk wrote:
There are a lot of breweries that have sprung up but they don't necessarily have big food menus other than Rock Bottom on the corner of Broadway and 2nd avenue assuming you mean places that brew their own.

Brewery taproom food is almost always cancer---just want to sample some good beer we can't find in Louisville (possibly someplace that would appreciate us showing up with a couple crowlers from Monnik).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 am 

So for food I'm not the right guy per se so I'll direct you to a few areas that you can Google and check out the menus. First, Germantown in Nashville has a lot of hip, non chain eclectic types of places. With your wife being a chef I think she will appreciate the choices in that area. Also, check out The Gulch. Again new and upcoming type area. If you have a hipster beard you will fit right in 8) :P but there might be a few choices of places to pick from.

Now for beer here is what I'll say. If you are looking for a place that brews their own then I'd check out Tennessee Brew Works. They have some food there as well. Other local places that brew are Jackalope and Black Abbey. If you like Yazoo beer then that could be a spot to have a few. I'm so so on Yazoo beers.

Now, if you just want to hang at a place with a lot of craft beer choices I'd say The Pour House which is near a very large beer and liquor store called Frugal McDougals. (please don't confuse this with The Pour House in Hermitage TN where I live) The one you want to go to is in Nashville a few miles from downtown. Also, The Flying Saucer has a butt ton of choices off Broadway. There are many others that are more local to the burbs of Nashville but these two should do for a visitor just checking things out. If you do make it to the Pour House, Jackalope is a few hundred feet from it.

Hit me up if you have specific questions on anything you have heard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm 

TNblueshawk wrote:
If you have a hipster beard you will fit right in 8)

Attachment:
motarded.png
motarded.png [ 822.42 KiB | Viewed 7308 times ]

Well, I'd say it's more of a "blood-sucking contractor" beard, but...

Anyway, we'll investigate further and if there's any questions I'll holler at you! Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:43 am 

:lol:

Skinny jeans? If so, you have found your brothers from other mothers :lol:

I should mention if you happen to be here for a Predators home game then there is telling what you will run into. Hockey in the South with your team in the finals has people all screwed up. They don't know how to act.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:47 am 

jimilee wrote:
There is a parking structure right off of 2nd across from BB Kings. It's been affordable every time i go and very convenient. I'm going up there the weekend on June 24 for my birthday.

Hey Jimi I hate to be a buzz kill but that garage is now $25 or it was a few months ago. I used to park there too and was shocked myself. I basically stay away from downtown now. Growth is wonderful :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:09 am 

TNblueshawk wrote:
jimilee wrote:

Hey Jimi I hate to be a buzz kill but that garage is now $25 or it was a few months ago. I used to park there too and was shocked myself. I basically stay away from downtown now. Growth is wonderful :evil:

Thanks for the heads up, that blows man.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:11 am 

I'd get hockey tickets. Although I hear they're exepensive.
Go Predators!!

I'm a Canadians fan but at least PK is on the team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:10 am 

Knight of Cups wrote:
I'd get hockey tickets. Although I hear they're exepensive.
Go Predators!!

I'm a Canadians fan but at least PK is on the team.

Just saw the average ticket price is $2,350 :shock:

Hey Frag, you aren't coming here during the CMA are you? If so then good luck getting around downtown. They close a lot of roads etc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 am 

I love watching sports but man, the money involved is disgusting. Really thinking about giving up watching.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:53 am 

TNblueshawk wrote:
Hey Frag, you aren't coming here during the CMA are you? If so then good luck getting around downtown. They close a lot of roads etc

Miss it by two days!