Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 am 

Anyone else order from them lately and kinda get the feeling they just don't care anymore?
I ordered some components and a predrilled 125B with translucent Powder coat. After two weeks of not even getting a shipping confirmation I reached out and asked when my items would be shipped. I was told that every order has a three week lead way and nothing gets shipped until then......WELL ONE MONTH LATER I get my sh!t and the pedal is in awful condition. Looks like it was spray painted then tied behind a car and drug down the street for 100 miles or so. I really didn't want to ship the pedal back wait a week for them to investigate then an additional 3-4 weeks ship time with another week in shipping So I just ordered somewhere else.....If their customer service was at least a bit more friendly I would have probably stayed with them.
Anyone else have a bad experience? After this I looked them up and it seems several people have a negative experience with them these days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 am 

Sad to hear. I honestly haven’t ordered anything from them since they changed owners back in 2016, but I seem to recall the new owners posting on several of the DIY forums asking for feedback and making a commitment to quality. He sounded as though he really wanted to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:05 pm 

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have not ordered since they changed owner, but had no problems beforehand.

I had an experience almost identical to yours with Mammoth, except that the enclosure wasn't painted, just a plain box. Among other things, the bent lid wouldn't fit on the enclosure, and a couple of the screw holes had not been tapped to accept any screws. After several rounds of sending pictures over the course of several weeks, they finally credited my account for the amount of the enclosure.
Hopefully PPP will be more accommodating to you.

I encourage you to at least let PPP know about the defective enclosure and give them a chance to make things right.