Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:02 pm 

I've got 2nd row tickets to Joe Bonamassa there in August. I've been Jones'n to go to Red Rocks for a long time and now is the time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:21 pm 

I wish! Supposed to be a fantastic venue, from all I've read. Enjoy the JB show!!

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 pm 

Yes. One of the best venues in America. I flew to Colorado just to visit that place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:08 am 

duhvoodooman wrote:
I wish! Supposed to be a fantastic venue, from all I've read. Enjoy the JB show!!

Thanks Bob. I knew you would jump in as a fellow JB fan. His new CD with Beth Hart is quite great record too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:12 am 

Ribspare wrote:
Yes. One of the best venues in America. I flew to Colorado just to visit that place.

Hey Ribs, any suggestions for places to hang out, eat and or good beer places if you drink, in Denver assuming you did this? I've got a trail to hike marked out possibly and maybe a scenic bypass to drive around for a day. I'm just doing some recon at the moment but I'm open to your thoughts or suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:49 am 

From my experience, I thought Denver was kind of a boring city and I found Boulder to be more interesting.

But your mileage may vary and there can be a good places in Denver. I ate at this restaurant bar in Denver where they had the old style western decor and served wild game animals. I ate the Rocky Mountain oysters. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the place.

I also ate another at a place called The Fort which is in Morrison, CO (the same town as the Red Rocks) The Fort restaurant has that old rustic Wild West vibe and its unique and very nice. It can be pricy though but the place is unique though.

If you have time, you can drive 2 hours north to Rocky Mountain National Park if you’re into nature and beautiful scenery.

If you’re not sure where to eat and drink, you can use the Yelp website or app which can give great suggestions.

Lastly, I want to mention that the Denver area is so big and spread out. So there will be a lot of driving distances and it can be vast but not too bad.

All in all, Colorado is worth it especially if anyone is from the east coast and never experienced the moutain time zone region. The natural beauty surpasses anything I’ve seen on the east coast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:22 am 

Ribspare wrote:
From my experience, I thought Denver was kind of a boring city and I found Boulder to be more interesting.

But your mileage may vary and there can be a good places in Denver. I ate at this restaurant bar in Denver where they had the old style western decor and served wild game animals. I ate the Rocky Mountain oysters. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the place.

I also ate another at a place called The Fort which is in Morrison, CO (the same town as the Red Rocks) The Fort restaurant has that old rustic Wild West vibe and its unique and very nice. It can be pricy though but the place is unique though.

If you have time, you can drive 2 hours north to Rocky Mountain National Park if you’re into nature and beautiful scenery.

If you’re not sure where to eat and drink, you can use the Yelp website or app which can give great suggestions.

Lastly, I want to mention that the Denver area is so big and spread out. So there will be a lot of driving distances and it can be vast but not too bad.

All in all, Colorado is worth it especially if anyone is from the east coast and never experienced the moutain time zone region. The natural beauty surpasses anything I’ve seen on the east coast.

Much appreciated. As the time gets a little closer I'll nail some things down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:01 pm 

I suspect that the restaurant you mentioned is the Buckhorn Exchange.
I have dined at the Fort many times. Good place for Bison, but it is pricey.

I have been to Red Rocks to see Steely Dan a few years ago and the Avett Brothers last July.
It's a fantastic venue when the weather cooperates.

There are lots of good places in Denver. It just depends on what you're looking for.
There are many new micro breweries, restaurants, and food trucks in the RiNo district.

I would sggest that you take a look at opentable.com for Denver as a starting place.
I'm not endorsing it as the only place to find good places, but I have started with it to find decent places in LA, Chicago, Denver and other locales.

Have fun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:44 am 

Stinky Dog wrote:
I suspect that the restaurant you mentioned is the Buckhorn Exchange.
I have dined at the Fort many times. Good place for Bison, but it is pricey.

I have been to Red Rocks to see Steely Dan a few years ago and the Avett Brothers last July.
It's a fantastic venue when the weather cooperates.

There are lots of good places in Denver. It just depends on what you're looking for.
There are many new micro breweries, restaurants, and food trucks in the RiNo district.

I would sggest that you take a look at opentable.com for Denver as a starting place.
I'm not endorsing it as the only place to find good places, but I have started with it to find decent places in LA, Chicago, Denver and other locales.

Have fun.

Great info SD. I'm a big beer guy so I many times hit those places here and there when I travel. But short of the bulls balls mentioned earlier :lol: I'm open to trying some new places. Thanks for the Opentable suggestion. I would not have thought of that.

Yeah, the weather was a concern so I'm hoping early August is prone to dryness. My wife won't like sitting in the rain. I wouldn't like it either but I will.

I'll bet Steely was great show and you got to see Becker I assume before he passed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:21 pm 

Yes, I saw them 3 times in 2013, Ravinia Chicago, Orpheum in Omaha and Red Rocks. Walter was still touring with them.
All of the shows were great, even Red Rocks in the rain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 pm 

I'd just like to say that seeing Joe on the 2nd row at Red Rocks was a close to a religious experience as I'll ever have, I think anyway. Venue was off the charts. His band was too. They flat out cooked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 pm 

Love some jo b. The whole band is smokin right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 pm 

wife and I have seen Joe 4 times in the last 5 years. We think his band and him are the best blues/rock band in the world right now and every time we see them they top the last time we saw them. and my wife would say defiantly a religious experience.