Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 15 year anniversary
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 am 

byoc wrote:
Huh? I was unaware of that article.

Well there's an interview with Perry in the issue too so I guess he must have arranged for the review at the same time.
For the record it is a positive review, and if you like I could get a hold of a scanner and send you a copy of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:34 am 

I'd like to read it for sure if you have that capability. You can email it to me (email in signature) and I can upload it to the board. Even though it's an old article, it's still interesting to read about us!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 pm 

CONGRATULATIONS KEITH! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:12 pm 

Whoa, well as a noob that just got into this awesome website last month and four pedal builds later, I have to say congrats and that I hope this continues on! Cheers!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:26 am 

Nwkenning wrote:
I'd like to read it for sure if you have that capability. You can email it to me (email in signature) and I can upload it to the board. Even though it's an old article, it's still interesting to read about us!

email has been sent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am 

Yeah, super cool. I've been reading this thread but haven't had much to say. I majored in electronics in my technical high school. I built a Chaney fuzz kit somewhere in 1998ish, but that was all I ever did. My little sister following in my footsteps took electronics as well and for her senior paper she wanted to do a guitar pedal project. She asked me to order and build a kit from this place called BYOC. I had never heard of them, and never even thought about building effects pedals (how did I not connect the dots?). So in 2009, I ordered her a pedal and put it together on my couch with no problems. About 2011ish my rack processor went down and I had to send it back for service. With no effects, I had to come up with something, I remembered BYOC. I ordered up a half dozen kits and went to work. With a new found interest in pedals, I pulled out an old vintage big muff I had in storage and set out fixing that. That's when I stumbled across this forum. I was blown away by the people on the forum, nice, helpful, full of knowledge. I've made lifelong friends here, and rediscovered my love for electronics. I can proudly say that BYOC has made a great impact on my life. I have BYOC to thank for inspiring me to grow my technical knowledge. Without that change in my life, I wouldn't be working in the technological field that I am in now. I can't begin to tell you all the ways a little kit has shaped my life. Thanks Keith, and the whole crew at BYOC; the mods and users of the forum as well. Really good stuff.

It hurts me to say this.. but.. follow me on facebook and.. :( instagram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am 

spin wrote:
Yeah, super cool. I've been reading this thread but haven't had much to say. I majored in electronics in my technical high school. I built a Chaney fuzz kit somewhere in 1998ish, but that was all I ever did. My little sister following in my footsteps took electronics as well and for her senior paper she wanted to do a guitar pedal project. She asked me to order and build a kit from this place called BYOC. I had never heard of them, and never even thought about building effects pedals (how did I not connect the dots?). So in 2009, I ordered her a pedal and put it together on my couch with no problems. About 2011ish my rack processor went down and I had to send it back for service. With no effects, I had to come up with something, I remembered BYOC. I ordered up a half dozen kits and went to work. With a new found interest in pedals, I pulled out an old vintage big muff I had in storage and set out fixing that. That's when I stumbled across this forum. I was blown away by the people on the forum, nice, helpful, full of knowledge. I've made lifelong friends here, and rediscovered my love for electronics. I can proudly say that BYOC has made a great impact on my life. I have BYOC to thank for inspiring me to grow my technical knowledge. Without that change in my life, I wouldn't be working in the technological field that I am in now. I can't begin to tell you all the ways a little kit has shaped my life. Thanks Keith, and the whole crew at BYOC; the mods and users of the forum as well. Really good stuff.

Wow! Just, wow! :shock:

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
spin wrote:

Wow! Just, wow! :shock:

+1 Great stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:50 pm 

Here is the Two page PDF of the overdrive build review.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 am 

My favorite part,

"I HAVE to tell you, the idea of building my own pedal didn't appeal to me at first. Come to think of it. the idea of building my own pedal didn't appeal to me much while I was building my own pedal!"

:lol:

I can't get enough minimalism.