Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Flicker Candle on vero
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:17 pm 

Long time for me between posts but i do still visit here most days.

Just wondering if anyone had a good, small vero layout using through hole parts and not a audinio controller for a candle like led flicker controller. I found this one but am looking for others if there are any others. I need to make a prop birthday cake with candles for a play.

Thanks,

John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:32 pm 

I don't know anything about flickering circuits, but those little fake tealights are pretty cheap and (at least the ones I got) completely self-contained.

I only know this because I wanted a flickering flame effect for the power light on one of my pedals and got some of those fake tealights. I dissected one, thinking that it would have the circuitry I needed in it, but in fact there was nothing in there but a weird LED and a resistor. It turns out that the weird LED was doing the flickering all by itself. I wound up taking it out of the pedal because I think it was making noise in there, and the flickering effect wasn't the greatest simulation I've ever seen, but something like that may be another option.

I can't vouch for these in any way, and the "electronics" on Amazon are usually ass, but here's the first example of them them I could find without having to buy the whole tealight:

https://www.amazon.com/EDGELEC-Flickeri ... 73&sr=8-10

...although if you do get the tealights, they also come with a rubber flame-shaped cover for the LEDs.