Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Why I Hate Finish Work!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:55 pm 

Why I Hate Finish Work!
My make shift buffing wheel rotates at about 3,000,000 RPM. I apparently don't have a light enough touch to keep parts from getting drug into the danger zone. I guess now I'll have to learn how to perform spot repairs. It was all done with Krylon rattle cans so it's not expensive, just time consuming. BTY this is on one of Stew Mac's Mini Strats. I finished their Mini Tele a couple of months back (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60296). And if those two haven't cause me enough frustration for a life time, I have also purchased their Mini LP to finish off the set. I don't particularly care playing the mini's but I have a nice wall in the guest bedroom for the 3 of them to hang out. :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Mini Strat Screw Up.jpg
Mini Strat Screw Up.jpg [ 568.8 KiB | Viewed 1905 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:14 am 

Something something relic

:mrgreen:

Sometimes I get tempted to build another guitar, and then I remember how many times I had to do 5 minutes of work only to let it sit for 24 hours (again), and I hold off on it and build another pedal.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:30 pm 

sjaustin wrote:
Something something relic

:mrgreen:

Sometimes I get tempted to build another guitar, and then I remember how many times I had to do 5 minutes of work only to let it sit for 24 hours (again), and I hold off on it and build another pedal.

I with you on that! I kind of got in a hurry and 'only' had 5 coats of clear lacquer on it. Did some research and found out that 14 coats is closer to the proper amount. The repair and respray is finished. Will wait 48 hours and start on the lacquer process again. I will definitely have more clear on it this time and will hand polish the tricky parts. In the mean time I am going to attempt to shoe horn in a GGG 6 way rotary switch and PCB with an assortment of clipping options, into my BYOC '855 Drive'. 8)