Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:42 pm
Posts: 2593
Location: Toronto
Is there anyone around who remembers the Effectblade programmable looper project that was provided by a member here and then promptly abandoned during the rollout (this was well before BYOC's Super 8 )? I think I was one of the few to actually get it finished.

Long story short, I dusted mine off after years of sitting idle, found the programming instructions (that I saved locally before the designer disappeared) and have actually been using it lately.

Image

_________________
Dog Is Blue - Toronto garage folk duo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Rochester, NY
Hehe, yeah… that was quite the fiasco! Pretty cool that yours is still working though. Or ever was working, I suppose!

Have you built anything new lately?

_________________
Scott

My band, Austin Hollow: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 2854
Location: Delaware
Funny you mention that. I just robbed all the momentary switches out of mine this weekend.


Attachments:
IMG_20200526_193908.jpg
IMG_20200526_193908.jpg [ 395.61 KiB | Viewed 1145 times ]

_________________
If practice makes perfect, and nobody is perfect, then why practice?

It hurts me to say this.. but.. follow me on facebook and.. :( instagram
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:42 pm
Posts: 2593
Location: Toronto
sjaustin wrote:
Hehe, yeah… that was quite the fiasco! Pretty cool that yours is still working though. Or ever was working, I suppose!

Have you built anything new lately?


Yeah, I was surprised it still works, as that tin isn't the strongest (it was meant to be a prototype that I'd improve later, but I can't be bothered.

I've been building here and there. Mostly FV-1 based projects from PedalPCB these days. Some fun multi-effects there.

spin wrote:
Funny you mention that. I just robbed all the momentary switches out of mine this weekend.


That's a great enclosure! Was it an amp chassis or something?

_________________
Dog Is Blue - Toronto garage folk duo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm
Posts: 4162
Location: Soddy Daisy,TN
That guy.....that guy had a delay that was supposed to be tap tempo. To my knowledge, no one could get theirs working.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex. All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 2854
Location: Delaware
p_wats wrote:

That's a great enclosure! Was it an amp chassis or something?


Just a Hammond aluminum enclosure I picked up from mouser. I had high hopes of finishing mine, it did work. I remember it having a loud white noise present that was always there, and I never felt like fooling with it. I think I have 3 of these stupid things, two with all the relays. Even with my OCD for wiring, it's still a mess. BYOC got it right with the PCB jacks on the Super 8. Pretty cool yours is working, I might be inspired to have another go at mine.

jimilee wrote:
That guy.....that guy had a delay that was supposed to be tap tempo. To my knowledge, no one could get theirs working.


Yeah.. that guy. He pissed a lot of us off taking money upfront for a project that was never tested or finished. How you gonna bulk order PCBs without ever ordering a small run to test, then cry a river about how much money you lost? And the broken code..

yeah.. that guy..

_________________
If practice makes perfect, and nobody is perfect, then why practice?

It hurts me to say this.. but.. follow me on facebook and.. :( instagram


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Rochester, NY
I think I actually got one of these PCBs from Morgan in a PIFmas box several years back. I, uh… never built it. :mrgreen:

_________________
Scott

My band, Austin Hollow: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 pm
Posts: 13415
Location: Albany, NY
sjaustin wrote:
I think I actually got one of these PCBs from Morgan in a PIFmas box several years back.

Geez, what did you do to Morgan to deserve that? :wink: :lol:

_________________
“My favorite programming language is SOLDER” - Bob Pease (RIP)

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Rochester, NY
duhvoodooman wrote:
sjaustin wrote:
I think I actually got one of these PCBs from Morgan in a PIFmas box several years back.

Geez, what did you do to Morgan to deserve that? :wink: :lol:

To be fair, the EffectBlade was just one of many items in the box. 8)

_________________
Scott

My band, Austin Hollow: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:14 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: Truckee, CA
He knows what he did. :P :lol:

_________________
MasterDelayer/Reverbrador/Ampaholic/TopJacker


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:42 pm
Posts: 2593
Location: Toronto
Ha. I knew this post would bring up some "fond" memories.

spin wrote:
p_wats wrote:

That's a great enclosure! Was it an amp chassis or something?


Just a Hammond aluminum enclosure I picked up from mouser. I had high hopes of finishing mine, it did work. I remember it having a loud white noise present that was always there, and I never felt like fooling with it. I think I have 3 of these stupid things, two with all the relays. Even with my OCD for wiring, it's still a mess. BYOC got it right with the PCB jacks on the Super 8. Pretty cool yours is working, I might be inspired to have another go at mine.

jimilee wrote:
That guy.....that guy had a delay that was supposed to be tap tempo. To my knowledge, no one could get theirs working.


Yeah.. that guy. He pissed a lot of us off taking money upfront for a project that was never tested or finished. How you gonna bulk order PCBs without ever ordering a small run to test, then cry a river about how much money you lost? And the broken code..

yeah.. that guy..


I noticed mine has white noise galore depending on the power supply, but I attributed that to my grounding scheme (got better last week when I grounded the heat sink on the 5v regulator).

Nice. I think I've been eyeing the same Hammond enclosure at Mouser for another project (a Teensy-based midi foot controller for my Synthstrom Deluge).

_________________
Dog Is Blue - Toronto garage folk duo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:49 am
Posts: 8497
Location: New Yawk, NY
spin wrote:
Funny you mention that. I just robbed all the momentary switches out of mine this weekend.



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What is it?

_________________
Everyone likes sausage. Nobody wants to see how it's made.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 1441
I effing knew what this thread would be about, just from the title.

_________________
Bikers have more fun that people do.

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 pm
Posts: 13415
Location: Albany, NY
Frag Magnet wrote:
I effing knew what this thread would be about, just from the title.

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________
“My favorite programming language is SOLDER” - Bob Pease (RIP)

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:46 pm
Posts: 1175
Location: Woy Woy, Australia
This certainly is a blast from the past, all you need now is a pumpkin for extra nostalgia :mrgreen:

_________________
2015 BYOC Fantasy Football League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:42 pm
Posts: 2593
Location: Toronto
Frag Magnet wrote:
I effing knew what this thread would be about, just from the title.


Ha! Excellent.

_________________
Dog Is Blue - Toronto garage folk duo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group