Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brewskie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:06 am 

As the stout/porter idiot I am, I usually buy at least 2 of everything good I come over.
I drink one and let the other rest for at least a year :)
I have like 75 beers all over the apartment getting better and fuller by the day.
This one matured for 14 months, then I couldn't wait no more :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 am 

Hawk: stout and porter, specially the imperial kind, do gain from maturing over time.
If you look at the best before date on those, 8-10 years is very very common.
Lego Lionel: fukcing bad luck :( it's not that far from Oslo to Stockholm, so hitching might actually be a good idea. Just give me a shout when you're in Oslo n you might end up drinkin some very fine beer-o :mrgreen: we can even strum a guitar or nine hehe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:46 pm 

Kissbeer, taste nothing :|

And, now drinking Swedish folköl 3,5% from normal store :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 pm 

Is Ludlow guitars left Lego? I bought a shitload of pedals there in 2008.
And have you been to the excellent beerjoint Spitzers at the corner of Ludlow street?
Must have had like 50 beers on tap! Spent alot of dollars and 2 nights there sipping imp stouts :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:56 pm 

I am a Timelord. At least 6 hours before you guys.
So if I take a beer for lunch, hawk will see it when he eats breakfast :twisted:
This is now my most active post. And I thought CPT. Peyote was into alcohol :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm 

lego4040 wrote:
:shock: you waited a year to drink those or brewery cellared them. I e seen them in my beer dis. My wife gets pissed when we go, I get overwhelmed and I can't chose. I usually go with the Belgium stuff Germany after that

I haven't drank them yet!
The Fuller's is already aged (mine are from 2008) some but I gotta be good and not think about them or I'll be sneaking down to crack one open! :lol:
July 2012 is gonna be awesome!!
That La Fin Du Monde is good stuff...packs a wallop.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:18 pm 

Love the Unibroue beers. La Fin is not my fave, too Belgian for my tastes :) Maudite is awesome though, as is Trois Pistoles. One of their distros was at a beer fest we were at a few years back, and at the time they had made this limited run of black curant beer. We tried it, because we were trying everything they had. Well, it was awesome. And the distro let us know that it hadn't sold well and they weren't doing it any more, and that was probably the last keg in New England. We stayed and got samples until we kicked it :D Never seen anything like that again though, closest thing Unibroue ever had to it since is the Ephemere (apple?) beer. Close, in that it was a fruit beer, and that's about it...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 pm 

My favorite, from a set of coasters we have with vintage family photos on them (this one has a dude in his 1976 finest at a home bar pouring a drink) - "It's 5:30 somewhere, and you're already two drinks behind"

How's the taddycaster? Also, what is the taddycaster? I know it's a Sam Smith offering, been around as long as the oatmeal stout but for some reason I've never tried it...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 pm 

^hehehe. I've talked myself out of doing this so many times as of late. Rondo has always been home to budget but good stuff, and lately they've been on fire. Soooo hard not to just oops I ordered a guitar last night!

Thanks for the note about the Tadcaster too. I'm with ya, session beer is one thing (even if it's good session beer) but If I'ma have one of something, I need to enjoy every bit of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70  Next