Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 pm 

So YAY, I finished my second pedal! Learned a lot in the process. I originally wanted to order a finished enclosure and a green LED, but BYOC was out of stock on both...So I ordered a bare enclosure and a red LED. I've been working on powder coating here at home, plus I wanted to try a water-slide decal and subbing in a green LED. It didn't go perfectly, but it actually went better than expected.

I would have liked to use the BYOC graphics template for the top of the enclosure, but couldn't find it anywhere...So I came up with my own. Different fonts, but same basic idea.

I went with the short-wire method of wiring the pedal up, and it worked out pretty well for me. I don't have any properly-resized pics of the internals, but you can see one here if you want to see a huge one. I suppose I could resize it, but...Meh. :)

The lessons I learned...Make sure you get your powder coating everywhere evenly. Make sure you don't tear up the water-slide decal when you cut out the holes. Make sure you don't use acetone to clean your water-slide decal after it's applied, cause acetone will wipe toner right off the decal. That's what happened to my 'VOL' label. Use alcohol instead. Eastwood's satin clear powder coat is wonderful and looks amazing. Don't buy Donner power supplies. Maybe think about using different-colored wires when you go the short-wire route, cause tracing wires back when they are all the same color is annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 pm 

Looks great! Nice job on the powdercoat!

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:30 am 

Definitely a Russian Army look to this one. Looks great and I'm sure it sounds great!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:11 pm 

That’s killer. One of my favorite pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk