Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:16 pm 

Hey all!
I posted a question here a couple of weeks ago regarding a rotary switch for a build I was working on: read here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60314).
Well I finished it up today and wanted to share the results. This is one NASTY fuzz pedal! I have attached 3 photos, the final picture is some of the verbiage from the build doc.
Thanks again to "jimilee", "duhvoodooman", "WMP1", and "sjaustin" whom all chimed in to help!

Thanks for looking!

-=Steve0

Attachments:
ChunkyCheez Top2-f.jpg
ChunkyCheez Top2-f.jpg [ 433.74 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]
ChunkyCheez Gut-f.jpg
ChunkyCheez Gut-f.jpg [ 480.2 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]
history.jpg
history.jpg [ 370.64 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:28 pm 

Sweet looking build, neatly done! And a nice touch that the pot dust covers match the PCB!

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:49 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
Sweet looking build, neatly done! And a nice touch that the pot dust covers match the PCB!

Thanks! It just hit me... had I used OEM BYOC wire, that would have been the 'hat trick'. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:57 am 

Very cool, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:05 am 

It makes me happy to see that PCB getting used at last, after sitting in my PCB drawer for like 3 years. Great build!

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:30 pm 

sjaustin wrote:
It makes me happy to see that PCB getting used at last, after sitting in my PCB drawer for like 3 years. Great build!

Thanks Scott! I just 'inventoried' my PCB bin and currently have 17 boards waiting for attention! This pedal makes #41 I've completed in just under 2 years.
I just started the graphics/layout for #42 and when I finish that one, I am going to take a break from pedals. After the first of the year I am going to build an amp.
I haven't decided yet weather to build a display for my collection (they are current residing in the guest bedroom closet) or to start selling them...

p.s. before anyone counts and can't see 41 in the closet, I have a half dozen or so in my 'music room' and 5 out on loan. :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Collection-f.jpg
Collection-f.jpg [ 366.48 KiB | Viewed 561 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:16 pm 

SteveO wrote:
sjaustin wrote:

Thanks Scott! I just 'inventoried' my PCB bin and currently have 17 boards waiting for attention! This pedal makes #41 I've completed in just under 2 years.
I just started the graphics/layout for #42 and when I finish that one, I am going to take a break from pedals. After the first of the year I am going to build an amp.
I haven't decided yet weather to build a display for my collection (they are current residing in the guest bedroom closet) or to start selling them...

p.s. before anyone counts and can't see 41 in the closet, I have a half dozen or so in my 'music room' and 5 out on loan. :mrgreen:

It sounds great and it's a good idea to build another amp. Why didn't you share the picture of the newly built amp? Or not finished yet?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:27 pm 

DavidMack wrote:
SteveO wrote:
sjaustin wrote:

It sounds great and it's a good idea to build another amp. Why didn't you share the picture of the newly built amp? Or not finished yet?

Thanks David! I actually have not purchased my first amp yet. I am waiting until after the holidays to start on that adventure.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:52 pm 

Awesome!