Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Clovis, CA
Hey all!
I posted a question here a couple of weeks ago regarding a rotary switch for a build I was working on: read here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60314).
Well I finished it up today and wanted to share the results. This is one NASTY fuzz pedal! I have attached 3 photos, the final picture is some of the verbiage from the build doc.
Thanks again to "jimilee", "duhvoodooman", "WMP1", and "sjaustin" whom all chimed in to help!

Thanks for looking!

-=Steve0


Attachments:
ChunkyCheez Top2-f.jpg
ChunkyCheez Top2-f.jpg [ 433.74 KiB | Viewed 212 times ]
ChunkyCheez Gut-f.jpg
ChunkyCheez Gut-f.jpg [ 480.2 KiB | Viewed 212 times ]
history.jpg
history.jpg [ 370.64 KiB | Viewed 212 times ]

_________________
“To know, and not to do, is not to know”
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:28 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 pm
Posts: 15823
Location: Albany, NY
Sweet looking build, neatly done! And a nice touch that the pot dust covers match the PCB!

_________________
“My favorite programming language is SOLDER” - Bob Pease (RIP)

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Clovis, CA
duhvoodooman wrote:
Sweet looking build, neatly done! And a nice touch that the pot dust covers match the PCB!

Thanks! It just hit me... had I used OEM BYOC wire, that would have been the 'hat trick'. :mrgreen:

_________________
“To know, and not to do, is not to know”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm
Posts: 4704
Location: Soddy Daisy,TN
Very cool, I love it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex. All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:05 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm
Posts: 4611
Location: Rochester, NY
It makes me happy to see that PCB getting used at last, after sitting in my PCB drawer for like 3 years. Great build!

_________________
Scott

My band, Austin Hollow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Clovis, CA
sjaustin wrote:
It makes me happy to see that PCB getting used at last, after sitting in my PCB drawer for like 3 years. Great build!

Thanks Scott! I just 'inventoried' my PCB bin and currently have 17 boards waiting for attention! This pedal makes #41 I've completed in just under 2 years.
I just started the graphics/layout for #42 and when I finish that one, I am going to take a break from pedals. After the first of the year I am going to build an amp.
I haven't decided yet weather to build a display for my collection (they are current residing in the guest bedroom closet) or to start selling them...


p.s. before anyone counts and can't see 41 in the closet, I have a half dozen or so in my 'music room' and 5 out on loan. :mrgreen:


Attachments:
Collection-f.jpg
Collection-f.jpg [ 366.48 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]

_________________
“To know, and not to do, is not to know”
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:37 pm
Posts: 1
SteveO wrote:
sjaustin wrote:
It makes me happy to see that PCB getting used at last, after sitting in my PCB drawer for like 3 years. Great build!

Thanks Scott! I just 'inventoried' my PCB bin and currently have 17 boards waiting for attention! This pedal makes #41 I've completed in just under 2 years.
I just started the graphics/layout for #42 and when I finish that one, I am going to take a break from pedals. After the first of the year I am going to build an amp.
I haven't decided yet weather to build a display for my collection (they are current residing in the guest bedroom closet) or to start selling them...


p.s. before anyone counts and can't see 41 in the closet, I have a half dozen or so in my 'music room' and 5 out on loan. :mrgreen:

It sounds great and it's a good idea to build another amp. Why didn't you share the picture of the newly built amp? Or not finished yet?

_________________
This helped me get rid of gyno


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Clovis, CA
DavidMack wrote:
SteveO wrote:
sjaustin wrote:
It makes me happy to see that PCB getting used at last, after sitting in my PCB drawer for like 3 years. Great build!

Thanks Scott! I just 'inventoried' my PCB bin and currently have 17 boards waiting for attention! This pedal makes #41 I've completed in just under 2 years.
I just started the graphics/layout for #42 and when I finish that one, I am going to take a break from pedals. After the first of the year I am going to build an amp.
I haven't decided yet weather to build a display for my collection (they are current residing in the guest bedroom closet) or to start selling them...


p.s. before anyone counts and can't see 41 in the closet, I have a half dozen or so in my 'music room' and 5 out on loan. :mrgreen:

It sounds great and it's a good idea to build another amp. Why didn't you share the picture of the newly built amp? Or not finished yet?

Thanks David! I actually have not purchased my first amp yet. I am waiting until after the holidays to start on that adventure.

_________________
“To know, and not to do, is not to know”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:49 am
Posts: 8935
Location: New Yawk, NY
Awesome!

_________________
Everyone likes sausage. Nobody wants to see how it's made.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: duhvoodooman and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group