Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm 

I was using the Digitech Jamman (double pedal mono version) for about 12 years giggin regularly. Years ago i modded the pedal to use those soft touch spst momentary switches; it wasn't too difficult to install the switches, but the hard part was removing part of the enclosure to make it fit. I love it, it's a way more precise method for looping and I relied on it for years. A few times recently, the pedal has been acting a little weird (not related to the switches), the memory cards it uses are obsolete, i've had it a very long time, it's kinda old, i figured it'd be good to upgrade.
I recently bought the Digitech Jamman Stereo, but the footswitches are acoustically pretty loud. I had an EHX Freeze pedal that had the same exact footswitch and I swapped it out for a soft touch spst momentary switch and it was win/win easy mod, silent compared to the old switch. The Jamman Stereo uses SPDT momentary footswitches (3 legs), and I read on a couple messageboards that the Jamman Stereo can be modded for the soft touch momentary switches because it actually only uses one side (2 legs) of those switches. So I removed the old switches, I soldered wire to the soft touch spst, put in the holes and test out which ones worked and (i could be wrong), but it seemed that only one wiring setup had worked according to the LEDs so I soldered that setup. BUT when i plugged in my guitar to test it out, the results were not good, the Jamman Stereo was responding as though I was holding the switch down for 2 seconds or more eventhough I only gave it a quick tap... can't use it this way as it either deletes the loop immediately after it's recorded OR it deletes all un-saved loops. The Jamman Stereo has 4 footswitches, kinda fortunately, I only swapped out the two mainly used switches at this point.
I shared some of this info on another messageboard and according to another member they said that the chances of SPST working in place of the SPDT were kinda slim. I've ordered another pair of the original switches (i destroyed the original switches upon removal because it was easier) as I plan to put them back in if I can't resolve this.
Can anyone tell if perhaps I just have the wires on the new switch wired to the wrong holes on the circuit board? would it matter which lug on the switch is used where? I would think not, since both are normally open, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I took my time doing this and was very careful, if I can resolve this using the soft touch spst switches that would the greatest. if not, then that's the way she goes. I figure since I gotta wait for the original switches to arrive, I might as well reach out as much as I can to gain more info for the slightest hope that I won't have to do any or much more desoldering. Thank you for reading.

Attachments:
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg [ 135.72 KiB | Viewed 1646 times ]
IMG_1209.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg [ 180.51 KiB | Viewed 1646 times ]
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg [ 114.39 KiB | Viewed 1646 times ]