Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:43 pm 

Hi all,

So, years ago I bought a Rickenbacker 360, I love it, but it led to purchasing a lot of Rick products in following years. Thankfully I don't spend much on gear anymore so that's not much of problem now.

But, the one thing that I did buy back then that I really love is this old, small Rickenbacker brand amp. It is odd in that it has a square magnet for the speaker magnet.

I am going off memory but if I recall correctly this model is a very early solid state amp. I'm not sure how early, but again if I recall correctly, it was one of the first just before SS amps became more common. Perhaps, this was false or my memory is faulty.

But, that's not THE POINT OF THIS POST. The point is the awesome DISTORT and TREMOLO effect that are built into the amp. I really love both. The DISTORT (as its called) is nice and creamy-fuzzy, but somewhat articulate. The TREMOLO is beautifully vintage sounding.

So... Has anyone ever looked at this circuit and tried to replicate either effect? I would also like to attach jacks to both knobs of the tremolo for control with volume type pedals.

There is a jack in the back for foot control of the effects but I cannot find a pedal that will works properly for both effects. Does anyone have any idea on how to build one?

Thanks all!
:)

Image Image Image