Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:55 pm 

In the attached vero layout I have a question about the blue dot under the IC socket.
I know that the red dots are trace cuts and I see there is a jumper going across that
spot. Does that mean that the jumper attaches there as well?

Thanks, in advance!
-=Steve

Attachments:
Vero_Question.jpg
Vero_Question.jpg [ 232.77 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:15 pm 

I think it might mean that it's a place where ends of two different jumpers meet. You could check this if a corresponding schematic is available. It looks like that chip has pin 4 connected to pin 5, which could well be the case for say the TL072 pin out (or several others that are the same) if the +input of the 2nd op amp is being tied to ground, as you might expect for an inverting op amp setup.

I guess you would have to stuff two wires into the same hole, or build a blob of solder on there for the wire passing by :). (I've not yet built anything with strip board, but as of a couple weeks ago I do have some of the stuff ... it's just a matter of time ...)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:33 pm 

WMP1 wrote:
I think it might mean that it's a place where ends of two different jumpers meet. You could check this if a corresponding schematic is available. It looks like that chip has pin 4 connected to pin 5, which could well be the case for say the TL072 pin out (or several others that are the same) if the +input of the 2nd op amp is being tied to ground, as you might expect for an inverting op amp setup.

I guess you would have to stuff two wires into the same hole, or build a blob of solder on there for the wire passing by :). (I've not yet built anything with strip board, but as of a couple weeks ago I do have some of the stuff ... it's just a matter of time ...)

The IC this build calls for is a LM833. I was thinking of stripping the jumper wire longer and have it lay over to that trace and just soldering it that way. There was no schematic with this layout, but I will see what I can find out on the web. I've only done 1 other veroboard and I really enjoyed the whole process! I am also thankful for this forum. Without it I am pretty sure my pedal building would have stopped at my first build!

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm 

It looks to, to me, to be a regular cut . The IC with about 50% opacity colored it to look blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:10 pm 

I should have posted the entire picture of the layout I have. After looking at it, the build is described as having "11 cuts and 5 jumpers". Looking at the layout you can clearly see 4 jumpers, the longest having the 'blue dot', so I am going to assume that the dot is where the 4th and 5th jumper connect.

Attachments:
Earthquaker White Light Vero Layout.png
Earthquaker White Light Vero Layout.png [ 127.96 KiB | Viewed 690 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:19 pm 

SteveO wrote:
After looking at it, the build is described as having "11 cuts and 5 jumpers". Looking at the layout you can clearly see 4 jumpers, the longest having the 'blue dot', so I am going to assume that the dot is where the 4th and 5th jumper connect.

I would agree. Apparently, the circuit only uses one half of the LM833 dual op amp.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:16 am 

duhvoodooman wrote:
SteveO wrote:
After looking at it, the build is described as having "11 cuts and 5 jumpers". Looking at the layout you can clearly see 4 jumpers, the longest having the 'blue dot', so I am going to assume that the dot is where the 4th and 5th jumper connect.

I would agree. Apparently, the circuit only uses one half of the LM833 dual op amp.

Thank you for confirming my assumption!