Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:00 pm 

Built an original Overdrive board with assymetrical clipping and it sounds great. Only problem is at low and medium gain setting, the pedal isn't quite as loud as the bypassed signal. I'm assuming because of the additional voltage drop because of the extra diode. I don't really want to change the eq curve, so I'm hesitant to change an output cap value. I could change the Volume pot from 100k to 500k, not sure if there would be a noticeable difference or not. Again, it's not a huge difference, but big enough to be annoying:) I need to find some sort of decibel calculator to determine stuff like this. What would you guys recommend?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:58 am 

that seems really strange... every TS I've built has had lots of volume on tap. Maybe change the biasing resistor for the output buffer? By increasing the one that goes from the emitter of Q2 to ground, you should be able to get more volume out of it. Same goes for that last resistor to ground before the output. If it were me, I'd probably try those before switching to a different pot. Why? I'm lazy :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:31 am 

Yeah, everyone I've ever built has had plenty of volume as well. I'm gonna double check the board to make sure their isn't a wrong value that I overlooked. Thanks.