Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:22 pm 

Just finished a Mega Chorus. Everything seems to work and sound good. All the controls make a noticeable change to the sound, except for the Shape knob. It doesn’t seem to be doing anything that I can hear.

Is this just a really subtle control, or one that only has an effect when other controls are set to very specific positions? Or do I need to do some troubleshooting?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:51 pm 

It's pretty subtle at typical settings, but if you dial up the blend, depth and delay controls, the effect should become more noticeable. From the product description on the BYOC product page:

"The shape knob can turn the Triangle LFO wave from ramp to saw tooth and all points in between. It controls the duty cycle when in sine wave mode allowing you to create cool tape warble effects or set it dead center for a vibrato exactly like the VB-2. Another way to explain what the shape knob does is this: turning it clockwise will make it bend the pitch up slower and bend the pitch down faster. Turning it counter clockwise will make it bend the pitch down faster and bend the pitch up slower. Setting it at noon will make the pitch bend up and down at an even rate."

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm 

Cool, thanks for the reply. I figured that was probably the case. But I’m building it as a gift for a friend, so I just wanted to make sure everything was 100% before I shipped it off to him:)

Just playing with it a little more in the last hour, I noticed that with the Rate knob down low you can see how the Shape ramps the LED brightness differently depending where it’s set.