Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 pm 

Hey old friends, the 'mang is back! It's been many moons since I used to frequent this and other DIY effects boards, but like an old girl friend, I came crawling back.

In the six years since I last posted (has it really been that long?), I've never left the music thing, just the pedal building for a while. I had 2 full pedal boards and was pretty satisfied with my setup, so I just stopped building pedals. I didn't give up building musical things completely. I had built and modified a Firefly amp and my Covid project last year was finally building my first guitar. Other musical projects kept me mostly busy including recording and producing (also laying down all the bass tracks and a few electric guitar parts) an entire album in my home studio for a family friend. I was pretty happy with the results and so was the artist. That endeavor took a better part of 2 years to complete. Plus building and wiring an entire stage set up for our church band. That took almost a year as well.

So, many guitars and a Marshall head and cab later, I've decided to come back and finish up some boards, half builds and not working builds that have cluttered the studio for half a decade and just wanted to say "Hey". You'll be seeing me lurking these boards again at least for a while. Great to see a good many veterans of the board still around. I'll start getting some pictures posted as well of some of the builds that I got done including my new favorite guitar.

The 'mang.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 pm 

Howdy neighbor, nice to see you back here. Looking forward to seeing what you've done! Got a photo of your guitar build? I built a guitar during COVID too, documented in far too much detail on this very forum.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:24 pm 

How you doin mang?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:11 pm 

Greetings from the eastern end of the NYS Thruway! :mrgreen:

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:08 pm 

Thanks jimi! duhvoodoo, and sj, my upstate New York brethren, glad to see our neck of the woods are still being represented!

If you guys are interested, check out Halle Cook on Spotify. Her album Horrible Posture is the album I produced and recorded in my home studio. All the songs were written by Halle when she was 16, but recorded when she was 18. She sings and plays the guitar and ukulele. My cousin recorded all the drums that we co-wrote and I wrote and recorded all the bass and electric guitar parts. It could of used a bit more refinement, but I was happy with my first go around at producing. Plus I had so many hours of post-production and editing, we were both just ready to get the album out. Especially because she had written the songs 2 years before. If you check her out, let me know what you think!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:46 pm 

He's back. And this time it's personal! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:42 am 

Briefly checked out the album. She has a nice voice and really solid songwriting. Congratulations. And welcome back. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:57 pm 

The Return of the Mang!

Cheers pedal brother, welcome back :)