Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:42 pm 

I made a dumb mistake and soldered the sockets for the Stereo Footswitch PCB to the wrong side of the 5 Knob compressor PCB. I tried wiring the footswitch straight into the sockets with out using the stereo footswitch PCB, but it doesn't seem right, even though I followed all of the tracks in the footswitch PCB. I'd desolder and resolder the sockets to the correct side, but I use wonder solder and it's impossible to desolder with out ripping the metal eyelids out of the board. Already tried and got no where.

All I really need to know is what each of the footswitch-numbered-eyelid-holes correspond to on the 5 knob compressor PCB.

Such as, 4 seems to be the "in" to the footswitch. 8 seems to be the "out" to the footswitch.
Does any one know the answer to my question?

Thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: It would seem that I have it right after drawing this layout up of how I have it wired. The Compressor board has 9 and 8 switched to explain that difference.
IMG_2650.jpg
IMG_2650.jpg [ 54.23 KiB | Viewed 3567 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:04 pm 

Whoops, my bad people. From the other pictures on here, it looks like my board or footswitch wiring is reversed. Something I suspected but erased from the initial post. Plus, my wire 8 and 9 are switched too, thanks to the misprint on one of the two PCB’s. Directions were confusing me. This side up. WTH does that mean? When you’re Looking at the boards inside the upside down enclosure, etc....

I’ll rewire and post the results later.

——————-

now I see that the tracks in my footswitch board are different. Believe mine says stereo and everyone else’s on here says mini. So, it’s not that my wiring is backwards, but just different.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:26 pm 

I rewired the footswitch to match what I could see in other people’s mono footswitch pcb’s and I do now have a working pedal. The LED won’t work yet for some reason though. All I had to do was cut out the jumper wire from 6 to 7 on the footswitch and relocate that jumper from 9 to 4. Plus, cut out the wire going from 9 to the comp pcb 9. Really don’t understand why I have no working LED. Everything seems correct now. 1 and 2 connected through the footswitch should light up the LED from what I understand. There must be some tracks on the bottom side of the mono switch pcb I can’t see in the pictures. One jumper I’m missing or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:48 pm 

Think I see my LED problem now. I thought the flat side of the LED drawing on the pcb meant that the negative side goes in there, since LED’s have a flat part on the negative side. Looks like the build plans say that’s the positive side though. That would make a lot more sense for the flat part to indicate the negative side. I’ll post my corrected footswitch wiring diagram in case anyone else wishes not to use the footswitch pcb, or has a similar problem.

Think this issue is wrapped up though. Doesn’t look like BYOC sells the correct mono footswitch pcb that goes with the 5 knob comp. Well, not separately. I’m not sure what the stereo one goes to, but would have been nice if they would have sent me a note telling me that the stereo footswitch pcb doesn’t go with the 5 knob compressor, when I bought both at the same time. Plus, why sell the 5 knob comp board by it’s self and not offer the correct mono footswitch PCB. Or, maybe I’m blind and they do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:22 am 

Sorry to hear you are running into issues with the 5 knob comp. Did you get it as a kit? You can also use the instruction file to see the parts list, which includes the mono footswitch: http://byocelectronics.com/compressorinstructions.pdf If you ordered it as a kit, and didn't get the mono board, send an email to sales@buildyourownclone.com and we'll get one sent out to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 am 

No, I ordered just the PCB for the 5 knob Compressor and then the stereo footswitch cause that was all I saw in the pcbs. Thought it was the same thing until I ran into problems and figured it out. I believe you were out of the kits at the time. Everything is all good now. I figured out the correct wiring.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 pm 

Here's the correct wiring for the footswitch of the 5 knob compressor, minus the mono footswitch PCB.

Attachments:
File comment: Correct Footswitch Wiring for 5 Knob Compressor
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG [ 58.04 KiB | Viewed 3495 times ]